Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Week 11 Reading Diary: King Arthur

This week I'm reading King Arthur: Tales of the Round Table by Andrew Lang. I've really enjoyed reading this, and I can't wait to get to the second half of the reading. Before reading this, I knew many of the stories of King Arthur, but I've gotten a lot of general clarification from reading the actual stories! I especially like trying to figure out and remember who is related to who. Arthur sure seems to have a lot of relatives. When I first start reading something new it's usually hard for me to keep the characters' names and descriptions straight, especially if they have alternate names that they will occasionally go by. This particular difficulty has made reading King Arthur stories especially challenging, but by reading the wikipedia pages and going through each story slowly, I think I'm really starting to get it. Many of the British unit stories sounded really interesting to me, so I may decide to do an extra reading unit this week or next week so that I can read all the stories that appeal to me! My favorite characters in these King Arthur stories so far is definitely Arthur himself. When he started crying because the Knights of the Round Table were going to go off and probably all die it was really touching. I'll have to try and add some crying kings to this week's storytelling post. I also like the villains in these stories because they have almost no motivation and they just seem grumpy and vindictive for no reason, which definitely makes their random acts of evil fun to keep up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment